If you want to be genuinely clean, then using detox pills for drug test success is a great way of doing it. But you have to understand the limitations of detox pills, and how to use them in a way that genuinely eradicates drug toxins in your body.
So that’s what we’re going to talk about now. This is basically a quick guide to using detox pills, which will cover everything you need to know in easy language.
Although this guide will specifically talk about THC (cannabis) drug toxins (metabolites) and how to eradicate them, everything I’m going to tell you about applies just as much to any other type of drug metabolite as well. So it’s a universal guide to using detox pills, not just one for THC detox pills.
Doing a detox is not easy, even using detox pills, but it is the most surefire way can prepare yourself for a drug test. But just to make sure you’ve got the full picture, we will also give you a couple of alternative strategies, in case you decide using detox pills for your drug test is not what you want to do.
How Detox Pills Work
Right at the start of this guide to using detox pills for a drug test, I want to make sure you are clear on the limitations of even the most powerful detox pills available.
There’s a misconception that detox pills can draw drug toxins out of your body permanently and almost instantly. I know several people who considered buying detox pills because they thought that they simply take the course over a few days, and they will be completely clear of drug toxins with no other effort involved.
Unfortunately, that’s not the case. It’s the same with detox drinks. There’s a misconception that a detox drink can permanently detox you. People think that a good quality detox drink draws all the toxins out of your body leaving you permanently clean. Again, it’s a misconception. Detox drinks simply masks the toxins that are currently in your bladder for a few hours.
Detox pills do permanently detox you. But you have to do them alongside a natural detox, and importantly you have to stop taking in drug toxins. It sometimes takes a few days, but sometimes longer than that.
How Drug Toxins Get Removed From The Body
So you understand what I mean, let’s explain exactly how drug toxins behave in our bodies.
Let’s say you smoke a joint. The active ingredient THC is converted into metabolites, waste products, that start in the bloodstream. As the body processes them, they move through the liver and kidneys and are eventually eradicated through sweat, urine, and stools.
If you are a light drug user, this doesn’t take too long. For most drugs, moderate use will leave you clean about a week after you last took them.
That threat increases with larger doses and higher frequency use. Basically, the more you take, the longer it takes for your body to get rid of the toxins.
It’s even worse with cannabis. Cannabis metabolites can actually bind to cells in the body in a way that other drug metabolites can’t. So even a couple of weeks after your last joint, you could still have weed metabolites in your body.
That’s how people get caught out. They haven’t smoked for a couple of weeks, and they even do a home drug test kit before the day of the test and see they are clean. They go for the test, and they fail. That’s because the metabolites are still in the body, and are infrequently still appearing in the urine.
So let’s tell you right now how you can do a natural detox, and accelerate it using detox pills so that you can get genuinely clean in the shortest possible time.
Doing A Natural Detox
You can’t get clean if you’re still taking in drug toxins. The first step of any detox is to stop taking drugs.
So if you have got a job interview in two weeks’ time and you want to be clean if you are suddenly sent off for a drug test, then you need to stop smoking weed, whatever, right now.
You then have to do the following steps every single day:
- Eat healthily, lean proteins, vegetables, whole grains
- Cut out the fat and refined carbohydrates, sugar, rubbish like that
- Exercise every day
- Make sure you sweat every day
- Cut out toxins that need to be processed, things like alcohol and tobacco
- Make sure you are relaxed, a calm mind helps the body
- Drink far more water than you normally would
For most people, moderate users, who follow those steps, all drug metabolites will be eradicated in around a week.
But for a chronic weed smoker, it could be a month doing that every single day before you are genuinely free of drug toxins. That’s where using detox pills for drug tests comes in, so let’s look at the best brands now.
Best Detox Pills For A Drug Test
The top brands of detox pills are capable of helping your body to eradicate toxins far faster. In my experience up to 50% faster than just doing a natural detox. They are better at targeting toxins in the body well.
There are dozens of brands of detox pill out there. However, most aren’t specialist products. For me, there are only three which are genuinely formulated to help eradicate drug metabolites:
- Toxin rid 1-10 day detox pill courses
- Rescue 5 Day Detox
- Herbal Pre-Cleanse Formula
- Toxin Rid is the most powerful detox pill you can buy. It’s also expensive, with the full 10 day course costing nearly $200. However, for your money, you are getting an incredible option that can genuinely eradicate drug toxins far more quickly than you ever could naturally.
You simply take three detox pills that hour, for the first five hours you are awake each day, and then continue with a natural detox through the rest of the day. After you have completed the entire course, you then drink a detox formula, and then on the day of your test dietary fiber detoxification formula.
Toxin Rid comes in course durations from 10 days all the way down to a single day. The lower course lengths are good for doing a bit of detox before use a detox drink to mask the remaining toxins or a good for doing a natural detox alongside them if you only have light toxin exposure.
If you think you are a heavy user, then I would always recommend the full 10 day course. If you are clean earlier, that’s great, but why take the risk of spending the money and not getting the benefits?
- Rescue 5 Day Detox is the second-best detox pills out there. Although it’s classed as a five day detox, it actually far more than that.
You get a set of pre-cleanse pills that you take the day before you start the main five day detox. You also get a set of finisher pills for the day after. In addition to that, you get eight detox pills for the day of your test. So it’s really an eight day course.
You take the required pills every day in exactly the same way take Toxin Rid. They aren’t as good as Toxin Rid, which is why they are significantly cheaper. If you can’t afford Toxin Rid, or you can’t get your hands on it, then it’s definitely a great second choice though.
- The third best detox pill for drug tests I have found is Herbal Pre-Cleanse Formula. It’s actually not as powerful as choices one and two, but still a targeted drug toxin supplement.
You’re meant to take it every day, which is why you get 60 pills to take at the rate of two per day. It out more drug toxins in the lead up to a drug test, so you have less if you need to do a natural detox, or if you want to use a detox drink on the day.
But, Herbal Pre-Cleanse Formula can be a cheap course of detox pills just before the day of the test. Say you’re going to use detox drink, and you’ve only got 48 hours notice. You can double or treble the dose of this detox pill and it will help to push out far more toxins than naturally. So it’s a really handy, and very cheap, thing to have around.
THC Detox Pills To Avoid
Before I talk to you about how to get weed out your system fast by using detox pills alongside a natural detox in detail, I want to talk about THC detox pills to avoid.
You should actually avoid pretty much any detox pill you see marketed because most are awful. But especially if they are sold on general marketplace websites like Amazon and eBay. Also if they are for sale at GNC, Walmart, Walgreens, they are also pretty much universally unsuitable.
The reason for this is that they are not designed for drug detox. They are general health supplements, so when someone wants to get healthy and clean, they take them alongside a natural detox, and they help to force out general toxins.
Also, because of the prices, with most of them retailing at $30 or less, they are simply not powerful enough in the formula.
Herbal Clean, who makes the excellent detox drink Ultra Eliminex, is one of the biggest guilty parties to this. If you look at the Walmart website, you will see about six different detoxification supplements from this company, and all of them are cheap and nasty.
Also, if something is specifically marketed as THC detox pills, you should be very wary. Nothing out there can specifically target THC metabolites. You’re better off just having an overall powerfully formulated detoxification detox pill.
How To Get Weed Out Of Your System Fast
So now we’ve covered the basics in this guide to using detox pills for drug test, let’s talk specifically about how to get weed out your system fast.
This doesn’t necessarily just applied to weed. As I said at the start, everything you can do with weed toxins, you can do with any other type of drug toxin.
The only difference is that cannabis toxins get predominantly (up to 60%) drawn out the body through the bowels. That’s why Toxin Rid has a dietary fiber supplement included with it, because that creates bile, which helps to bind more metabolites.
So the steps to get weed out of your system fast are:
- Start a natural detox as I’ve already outlined in this guide. Even using detox pills you will need at least a week before your drug test to get clean. If you are a chronic weed smoker, you’re going to need up to 2 weeks, but that could just be a precaution.
- Start the course of your chosen detox pills. I’m going to talk about Toxin Rid here, as those are the pills I’ve had personal success with.
- Make sure you do a home drug test kit from about day three onwards, and do one every other day. Then you’ll know when you are clean. However, if you are trying to eradicate cannabis metabolites, even if you show clean, continue with the detox for a few days, and make sure you keep home testing.
- If you’re trying to get weed out your system fast then in the 48 hours before your drug test, up your fiber intake, and also your fat intake. Go out and enjoy a load of burgers and cheesy pizza. Fat creates bile, just as fiber does, which helps to draw cannabis metabolites out through the bowels more rapidly.
- On the day of your test make sure you do a home detox kit. If you fail the home drug test kit then have an alternative strategy ready. I’ll cover these in a moment.
So those are the steps to using detox pills for drug test success. Good quality THC detox pills like Toxin Rid or Rescue 5 Day Detox will get you clean in about a week.
Toxin Rid can actually speed up the toxins leaving your body by up to 50%. But if it would take you three weeks to get naturally clean, you could be clean in 10 days, even less if you’re lucky. So as you can see, you can dramatically cut down the amount of time it will take to get properly clean.
Alternatives To using Detox Pills
So I hope that’s been helpful, and I want to finish this quick guide to using detox pills for drug tests by telling you about a couple of alternative strategies. These can also be used if you still test positive on the day of your test.
- Synthetic urine is a great alternative. In fact, for an unsupervised drug test, it’s probably the best strategy as it will save you from having to go through the pain of a full natural detox. The best brand out there is Sub Solution. It cost about $80, but it’s very complex, and closely mimics human urine. It heats activator powder, which means you have tight control over the temperature, so you don’t get caught out submitting a sample that’s too hot or cold.
- A detox drink is another great strategy. If you have light toxin exposure, they are a really easy way to pass a drug test. They are also a great Plan B should you try natural detox and find you are still testing positive on the day of your test. They aren’t as good as the other two strategies, and you should still do a 48 hour detox, and preferably a two-day course of Toxin Rid, to push out as many toxins as possible so that the detox drink has less to do.
The best brands of detox drink for me, that have all worked for me, using home test kits for the purposes of reviews, are Mega Clean, Ultra Eliminex, and Rescue Cleanse.